Tuesday, October 12, 2010

How Clean My Emu Boots ?

Dad!

I hope not to offend anyone, but it took me a bit 'of time before you really feel dad. I did not hear the bells when I had MS in her arms for the first time, no. At the beginning, especially in Lagos, I was anxious for the health of literally MS and I was worried only that he drank, ate, slept, that does not take too hot nor too cold, not crying, that would not fall, that does not put objects collected in the mouth from the earth, that he had no fever, she took the drugs ... well, you get. I was worried of care physical and I was focused on this. (Some say that this is so even now, because recently I was nicely called "Anxiety" ...)

Well, I did not give much space to play, as I was concerned about his health and his safety, nor mutual knowledge. Not even in feeling, in short, as I was overwhelmed by a sense of responsibility.
Then, one evening when I got home from work rather than destroyed (MS was in Italy for a couple of months), I entered the house while the baby was crying. He had just fallen into a ruinous as only she can do (forward, face, hands free to protect themselves from the fall) and was hurt very badly.
When I opened the door, I was meeting with his walk is still uncertain, swaying with hands outstretched, with big tears that rolled down her cheeks. He shook the strong neck and said "Dad ... Dad ... so bad, so bad ... Dad. Daddy. "
At that moment something snapped deep in there. That little body twitching calling for protection and comfort dissolved my defenses. What defense? Well, maybe not even thought of becoming a father, maybe I was afraid to let go. MS has never done anything to not be loved, quite the contrary! My deals mainly with the physical side, however, was a way to not be too involved, not to declare vulnerable.
That embrace so intense, so tried for his part, that his surrender to me made me realize that I could not confine myself to be a guardian of his health, but I should first take care of his ... soul? With great spontaneity, MS had put me in front of me, saying: "Well, my boy, we have: the music is playing for a while, 'I'm here, you begin to dance too, yes or no? "
I had to accompany this child to the knowledge, awareness, love for the world and for life, not simply by the pediatrician.
So, in short, to embrace the memory still gives me a slap at the heart of this light fragrance of wisdom contained by a little girl from the hands warm. The long-rocked and I see myself as I look into his eyes and I see the future of the world and I realize it's beautiful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment